The boy who sees without eyes!



I like when his dad says, "If he can ride a bike, let him ride a bike."

I also like how the doctor and his Mom says that "there is nothing impossible for him." She has not enabled him nor allowed "the loss of his eyes to overshadow their lives."

He walks and travels by using sound. Wow! What an amazing person. So much of the attitude of people like he or John Foppe comes from parents. Pity makes victims, expectation of success makes victors.

I applaud him and his mother and know that many times these stories don't have positive stories like this. And yet, it is worth celebrating him!

She says,

"I didn't ever want him to let him see me feel sorry for him, because I didn't want him to feel sorry for himself."
With me and my own children who have learning disabilities. I will remember this woman. She has become a heroine of mine!

tag: , , ,

Popular Posts